Pennycross governing body currently have two vacancies available. One for a Parent Governor and one for a co-opted Governor.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:
• Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
• Is community-spirited and would like to represent the community
• Has the necessary spare time and energy for the role
• Is able to work well as part of a team
• Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
• Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
These volunteer positions are open to people from our community. Co-opted governors are not elected by a parent election but are instead appointed directly by the governing body.
What is the role of the governing body?
• Helping to set and review the schools strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
• Holding leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
What does the role offer?
• A chance to develop your own personal skills
• Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
• A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
• The support and guidance from fellow governors
In looking to fill these vacancies we are particularly interested in applications from people with legal knowledge/experience, finance knowledge/expertise, leadership skills, and public relations knowledge although please do not be put off if you do not have these skills. What is more important is enthusiasm, interest and the willingness to learn.
Safeguarding at the school is paramount so you would need to be prepared to undertake a DBS check.
If you know of somebody else who would be interested, then please fill in the online application form which will need to be completed and returned to the school office.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role before submitting an application, please leave your contact details with the school office and we will be more than happy to call you or meet up for an informal chat.